Plant Propagation Workshop – Saturday 8 June
Date and Time
11:00 am – 3:00pm Saturday, June 8, 2019
A plant starts it’s life as a single seed, right?
Well, not necessarily! Many of the plants you buy from nurseries have been produced vegetatively – from cuttings, by grafting, by division, or some related method. In this workshop we will be looking at, and trying out, some of these different methods.
Join Tom, the Leith Community Croft resident gardener, to learn how to grow new plants from a variety of sources: cuttings, grafting and other plants parts.
- Explanation on how to select the correct seed sowing and cuttings equipment.
- Discussion about how to collect fresh seeds or buy reliable seeds.
- Practical session of different seed sowing techniques. (You can take your seeds tray home with you)
- Practical session of the principles of taking cuttings from plants. (You can take your cuttings home with you)
Roxana Romero, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom, our resident gardening expert at Leith Community Crops in Pots
Please bring your own lunch or be prepared to pick up lunch from somewhere nearby. Basic refreshments will be provided.
Leith Community Croft and our indoor education space (weather dependent)
Our current website does not process bookings for more than one person (sorry about this we’re trying to get it fixed) so if you wish to book for more than one person please either use 2 separate emails when checking out or email us on email@example.com and we’ll sort it out manually for you.
£15 per person – To receive a concessionary rate please use 15conc upon checkout.
A concessionary rate is available for the following:
- LCCiP Croft members
- Full time students
- Anyone in receipt of the following
- disability allowance
- Carer’s allowance
- Job seekers allowance.
To qualify for a concessionary fee you must be eligible at the time of the course and will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of such.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 hours including 1/2 hour lunch break.
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes